twitter



Written by Funn Lim

SPOILERS ... SPOILERS ... SPOILERS

UPDATES - 31.01.2014 [LINK]
Friends, I decided for my own sanity, I will just recap the ones I feel like recapping. Not every episode but the ones that deserves the full recap treatment. Whilst episode 8 onwards are interesting, I just don't feel like chasing after the series and then rush to my computer to write them all. So I will just write short summaries in point form until a full recap is deserving. If you see this notice it means it is a short recap.


FUNNLING METRE


Patience Funn! Patience!! All good things come to those who wait, patiently. But do I feel I am given a run around (a merry go round or in Malaysia, a roundabout) thus far? It is like back to square one. This series should have had both characters in love by now and should end in maybe 5 episodes but here we are, back to shin kicking and what nots. And I got 2 things wrong;

1. Malaysian segment still on because I forgot 2 most irrelevant characters still in Malaysia;
2. Previously I said Sik Sik will do something for Ruco and I saw the preview scene thinking exactly that but that preview scene is actually in this episode and as far as I can see, she is Rachel of Brother's Keeper, except less annoying and less into hero worshipping even if she has a white knight dream.

Patience! P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E!

Seriously TV is also showing Reality Check and I find myself watching that series again which by the way is to me has Ruco at his best except not many remembered that series thanks to the over hyped Brother's Keeper.

RECAP! A short one. In 3 paragraphs.

Paragraph 1.

Sik Sik is back to the travel agency to work, in part so that she can look after her really nice brother in law. Back at work she is informed by hated superior, Char Gor (Benz Hui) that her bro in law screwed up a foodie group tour led by acclaimed food critic when he messed up one of the date of the food trip when in actual fact it was messed up by his subordinate. Sik Sik tried to win  back the critic's favour but to no avail. I suppose that will have to wait for the white knight. Meanwhile Ruco is back in HK and his mom, I suppose a food critic also fell down and hurt herself so she was hospitalised. His mother was overwhelmed to see her son came home after 3 years running away from a problem we have yet to be told but we all know is heartbreak. Since he ran away for THREE YEARS I suppose the heartbreak better be a really good one. His mother left his music studio room untouched. Sik Sik by now has lost her patience with Ruco as she left 3 messages on his phone. Worried sick, she wondered what happened to him and phoned Chun Chun constantly to check what the hell happened to Ruco. Her 3rd and last message was almost begging Ruco to return her call, after a customary scolding from her. Ruco had in fact changed his sim card so when he changed back he heard the messages and saw Sik Sik looking for her own phone. Prior to that we had the customary awwwwwwwwwww inducing moment of each of them enjoying coconut drink sitting in the same seat at the same store at different times. Anyway Ruco saw Sik Sik and smiled happily as he greeted the shocked Sik Sik who for one brief moment smiled in relief and as he said "Miss me?" she well.. she kicked his knee and he went owwwwwwwwww and she scolded him for making her worried and that she was worried he died or something and then angrily said she doesn't want to see his face again and the next time she sees him it will be to pay her respect and give him "white condolence money". In short she wished him to go to hell. Ruco was shocked but maintained his sorta half smile. I mean can you still smile when someone just wished you death? If that was supposed to be cute I can't find the humour or cuteness in that. I find Sik Sik's reaction overblown and Ruco undeserved of those kind of malice spewed by her. This is what I meant by back to square one. There is a difference between angry with someone because you missed them so much and there was no news and how Sik Sik reacted by wishing him death. Very malicious, not cute, not funny and badly written dialogue.

Pause.

So why will Ruco fall for Sik Sik? Because she is his connection to his past heart break? She was apparently in the photo he had in his computer, what is supposed to be the fan meeting with his past love. I feel he had to do so much for her to earn her affection and she did nothing except to spew curses, do violence and become the ogre he manages to bring out of her. Is that the new kind of love? Violence and rudeness is the new form of affection? Does it mean I love Jason Chan very much but just that I don't know yet?

Continue.

Paragraph 2.

Back in Malaysia Chun Chun wants to win the dessert competition and after seeing a frustrated and heart broken Chin Chun gorging himself with durian that he had stopped eating to win Sik Sik's heart. Urghhh. Anyway he took her to a durian plantation when she said can she use durian to make local dessert. I was like honey, you're too late. That idea already done! People have done durian cake, durian cookie, fried durian ice cream, durian pudding, etc. Why it sounded like something new when you can just buy a dessert book, skip to durian section and voila! All durian dessert. Ahhhh I will tell you why. So that they can introduce a durian plantation with an owner who speaks English and cooks amazing assam laksa (by the way the best assam laksa to me is the tiny road side store at the foot of kek lok si temple in Penang - a must try if they're still there!) AND  a scene of chivalry where Chin Chun hugged Chun Chun to protect her from a falling durian. Mind you, that could have killed him!

Paragraph 3
Sik Sik is secretly glad Ruco is fine again and Chun Chun reminds her about that but Sik Sik thinks well I see him as a friend only. Meanwhile Ruco decides to stay in HK for good. My guess is his dad is Malaysian (Palm plantation owner!) and his mom is from HK. Not important except someone in my blog pointed out that he is palm plantation owner (rich), tour guide (free time) and a music producer (successful) which makes him sorta equivalent to Korean version of chaebol except he may be just half chaebol. Anyway Sik Sik at work and Ruco drops by and she becomes this sarcastic mean ogre until Char Gor appears and welcomes Ruco as the operations manager or something. In other words, add another occupation to his long list of occupations and a very well paid one. Sik Sik couldn't understand how come he knows Char Gor so well. Me too. He seems to be very friendly with the male managers like Sky Gor and now Char Gor. In fact the famously stingy (in Malay it is KEDEKUT which is pronounced as KER-DER-KOOT) Char Gor actually paid for the lunch welcoming Ruco! So Sik Sik and gang wondered who the hell is Ruco to Char Gor? What's the connection? I wanna know too because until now I still don't know the connection between Sky Gor and Ruco except maybe he is a tour guide and the other a hotel manager. Sik Sik confronts Ruco and rudely asks him why he is working in the same agency as her. Well why ah? No other agency issit? Can't remember his answer except later he overhears her problem with the food critic.

My guess is next episode we see the gallant white knight "climbing mountains of knives, descending into a wok of boiling oil" for our undeserving Sik Sik.

My comment on the story? Roundabout. Same scenery, same story, same reaction, am losing my patience.

Performance wise, is it me only or do you think Ruco has more chemistry with Kristal Tin in No Good Either Way in the following single picture than Aimee and Ruco in the entire series up to episode 11? Even if there were scenes of Ruco looking at their Chew Jetty pictures?







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are most welcomed. However do avoid future spoilers for past episodes meaning in current episode you may post about past or current spoilers and speculations but in a past episode please avoid posting spoilers for future episodes that you have seen. Do keep the discussion to the relevant episodes.

© Copyright 2014- Funn Lim @ Point2e.com;